Friday, August 23, 2013

Greetings to All Who Visit Here

Hello!

I (admit) that I am an occasional gardener.  I let my garden do whatever it wants to do for long periods of time and then I can't stand it any more and I get out and spend hours and several days in a row to clean up the weeds, nurture the flowers and bushes, and generally making sure I don't embarrass the neighborhood too much.

I'll be showing some photos I took of my garden earlier this year, I think it was March 2013, and you will see for yourself what a disaster I had to start with.

Here are a few photos of my front yard...





Oh my . . . I can't seem to find the file where I put the initial photos of the disaster I called my front yard.  In the top photo you can see a big pile of leaves in the center and all that nice greenery in the front of the photo . . . most of those are nice, healthy, green weeds.

The second photo shows the yard that borders the sidewalk.  I had to dig out lots of plants and big weeds.  I also removed all my Hens & Chicks from this area because people would step on them.  Don't know why they wanted to walk on that part of my yard.  The big gray bush in the front is a lavender that's kind of out of control.

Third photo, another view from the sidewalk where you can see a very stubborn clump of grass towards the middle left side.  There's also a clump of Hens & Chicks I needed to remove before digging out the grass.  The lovely green vegitation towards the top right corner of the photo . . . nothing but weeds ( but at least it's GREEN! ).

Forth photo shows a sprinkler head that was installed right in the middle of the yard.  What WERE they thinking???  The dried, brown sticks / vegitation in the background are blackberry vines that I dug up from all over the front yard.

By the way, on the other side of the white fence is a pasture with one, probably very lonely, horse.  He's a sweetie and the neighborhood gives him carrots and apples from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment